CEH's latest land cover map dataset, Land Cover Map 2015 (LCM2015), is now available.
Summary Description of LMC2015:
- LCM2015 is the fourth UK Land Cover Map and follows on from previous maps for 1990, 2000 and 2007.
- LCM2015 maps 21 land cover classes.
- The classes are the same as LCM2007, but without Rough Grassland and Montane.
- It is called LCM2015 because it is based primarily on satellite data acquired during 2015.
- LCM2015 covers the whole of the UK.
- LCM2015 is available in a range of formats, including vector format, as well as raster (25m and 1km) formats (like LCM2007).
- LCM2015 is based primarily on Landsat-8 data, so there is no difference in spatial resolution compared to LCM2007.
- Sentinel-2 data was not used because it only began routinely acquiring calibrated data at the end of 2015.
For further details see: https://www.ceh.ac.uk/services/land-cover-map-2015 or https://eip.ceh.ac.uk/lcm/LCM2015