The latest UK land cover map (LCM2007) derived from satellite data and digital cartography is shortly to be released for use by a wide range of users, including: researchers, consultants, policy makers, businesses and the public.
To inform existing and potential users about LCM2007 and how it can be accessed and used, the Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH) and other Countryside Survey partners are hosting a webinar that will be broadcast over the internet from 11:00 to 12:00 on Thursday 07 July. In brief, the programme will be as follows:
- Welcome & introduction (Mark Bailey, CEH)
- Why do we need a Land Cover Map? – a policy perspective (Peter Costigan, Defra)
- An introduction to the new LCM2007 (Dan Morton and Clare Rowland, CEH)
- Accessing LCM & other environmental data (Pete Vodden, CEH)
- Question and answer session